The Barska AX11224 Biometric Safe is a front opening model of gun safe. This is one of the many different types of gun safes, rifle cabinets and home safes produced by the Barska company.
Can Store Up To 30 Fingerprints
The fingerprint reader technology used in the barska biometric locking mechanism is one of the best on the market and is used on a number of other Barska Biometric Safes. The AX11224 can be programmed with up to 30 different fingerprints from different users each of which will be able to open the safe just by inserting their finger inside the reader.
Emergency Back Up Keys
In case of any problems opening the safe it also comes complete with 2 Emergency Back-Up keys that you can use to access your firearm or valuables.
Audible Alarm When Opened
This Barska Gun Safe beeps when opening to alert you that it has been opened if you are in the vicinity. In case of an intruder in the house it is possible for the safe owner to open the safe silently using the Silent Access feature to get to their firearms without warning the intruder.>> Today's Deal < <
Mounting The Gun Safe
This particular safe is front opening and can be fitted securely against a wall or directly on the floor or a shelf by using the mounting bolts provided.
Barska AX11224 Features
- Mid-Sized Front Opening Biometric Safe
- Fingerprint reader stores 30 different fingerprints
- 3 Mounting holes and securing bolts supplied with safe
- Takes 4 AA Batteries which can last up to 2 years depending on how many times the safe is opened
- Silent Access Feature prevents safe beeping when opened
- Floor mat provided to protect valuables
- 2 Emergency Back-Up keys provided that can be used in the event of battery failure or any other difficulties you might experience when trying to access the safe.
- The safe will warn of a low battery condition by giving 3 repetitive beeps when opened at which point the batteries need changing.
Barska AX11224 Technical Specifications
- The safe body is made of steel which is coated in a black matt finish
- Door is 3/16” thick
- Safe Body Thickness is 1/16”
- Outside Dimensions are 16.5″ x 14.5″ x 7.75″
- Inside Dimensions are 16.25″ x 12″ x 7″
- Weight is 25 pounds
- The safe can store up to 30 fingerprints
- Warranty: Barska offer a 1-year limited warranty on this safe
- Type of Locking System Used: Deadbolt Lock – Motorized
- Fireproof : No
- Waterproof: No
- The safe needs 4AA batteries to operate the fingerprint lock (if batteries fail then you can always access the safe using the Emergency Back-Up keys provided).
Backup Keys and Mounting Bolts
Advantages of Using the Barska AX11224 Biometric Safe
- Access to firearms and valuables without needing a key
- Easy silent access in the dark when used in stealth mode
- Sturdy safe prevents opportunist access to firearms and valuables
- Easy to store handguns safely away from children yet close enough to be accessed if needed in an emergency
- Not fireproof or waterproof
What’s Supplied in the Box?
- Barska AX11224 Biometric Safe
- 2 Emergency Back-Up Keys
- Mounting kit
- Inner floor mat to protect valuables and handguns from getting scratched
- Set of 4AA Batteries
Tips For Using a Barska Biometric Safe in the Home
- Make sure that the safe is mounted securely so it cannot be removed from its location by thieves
- Always ensure that the fingerprint reader is clean before registering fingerprints
- Wipe the reader after opening the safe to prevent and residue of your fingerprint remaining on the glass
- Make sure that you hide the emergency back-up keys in a secure location and Do Not put them in the safe.
What other Purchasers Said…
- Programming is simple and fast…
- Can store 2 handguns, ammo and spare magazines and still have room for important documents and valuables…
- You can get to the contents quickly, reliably, and quietly (if desired)
- Very easy to program
- Room for lots of stuff
- Large enough to hold a few handguns and ammo
- Not fireproof
The Barska AX11224 is a sturdy small footprint safe suitable for the storage of a couple of handguns and valuables and is strong enough to deter the opportunistic thief. It’s also great for keeping children and teenagers away from you firearms and we recommend it for that purpose.
Most of the User Reviews on this safe say that the fingerprint reader is very accurate and rarely failed to read any of the registered prints.
It should be remembered though that the AX11224 is not fireproof or waterproof should you have a house fire. To get a fireproof safe would cost a lot more money than this.
The security and accuracy of the fingerprint reader on this Barska Gun Safe at this price point is difficult to beat and we give it our highest recommendation.