The GunVault SpeedVault SV500 Standard is a handgun safe built to a high specification of design.
This quick access gun safe is made from 18 gauge steel and is designed to be mounted on a wall or under a desk so that you can keep your handgun secure but at the same time within easy reach should you need it in a hurry.
Unique Shape Takes Up Less Space
Due to the shape of this gun safe, your pistol or handgun is stored in an upright position and is safely locked away inside a protective foam padded cradle. Because of its small footprint, this safe can be concealed out of sight in a very small space from where you can have immediate access to your firearm.
Opening the Handgun Cradle
The cradle features a fully lined interior to prevent your handgun getting scratched and is locked in place with a high-strength lock fitting. Opening the lock is achieved by entering your personal locking code using the digital keypad located on the top of the safe. The keypad offers 12 million possible combinations of access code so that the chance of someone guessing your own personal code is virtually zero.
Safeguarding Access and Alarm
The safe will block access for a set period of time to anyone trying to open it using 24 consecutive incorrect keypad entries. After this it will go into Security Sleep Mode which will last for 2 minutes during which time the keypad will not take any more entries. An alarm beeps if an unauthorized user tries to use the keypad again within the 2 minute period.
A single 9 Volt battery is needed for the operation of the keypad and electronics. If the battery power gets low then an LED low battery warning flashes and there are audible beeps to warn you, so that you can get a replacement battery before the power is completely lost. The manufacturer, GunVault, also supplies a set of 2 backup override keys so that you can access your pistol even if the keypad fails to work or the battery loses power. The battery life should be approximately 9 months to 1 year in normal use.
Muting the Audio Beeps
All the audio beeps made by the safe can be turned off, if required, by using the mute button. The safe also has a tamper detect feature which causes a red led to glow on the unit if an invalid access code has been used to try to open the safe while you are not there.
A full mounting kit, instructions, and a set of screws are supplied so that the safe can be fitted permanently in your desired location.
The manufacturer also provides a 1 year limited warranty with the SV500.
- Handgun safe made from 18 gauge steel complete with a digital keypad
- Designed for upright mounting offering superb concealment options
- High-strength lock
- The safe gives a visual and audible alarm if the battery power is low
- Back-up key is supplied so that if the battery power or the keypad fails then you can still access your handgun
- A Mounting plate and screws are provided
- Material: 18 gauge steel
- Finish: Black
- Outside Dimensions are 6.5″ x 3.5″ x 13″ (HxWxD)
- Inside Dimensions are 2.25″ x 5.75″ x 8.5″
- Weight: 7 Pounds
- Unique User-Programmable Access Codes: 12 Million +
- Locking System: High Strength lock
- Warranty: One Year Limited Warranty
- Battery Type: 1 x 9V Battery Required (Not Supplied)
- Battery Life: 1 Year
- Backup Key Provided: Yes
- Fireproof: No
- Waterproof: No
- CA DOJ Approved
What Purchasers Reviewing the SV500 Liked
- Perfect for keeping Handgun safely away from children and teenagers
- It’s easy to open and extremely fast
- Easy to Program
- You can turn the electronic keypad “beep” sound on/off
- Internal light
- Design and flexibility of mounting options
- Noisy when unlocking – most electronic locks are..
- Needs longer mounting screws – You could easily purchase longer screws
- The SV500 is neither fireproof or waterproof – if you require these features then you would have to outlay significantly more in the cost of the purchase
What’s Included with the SV500
- SpeedVault SV500 gun safe
- Emergency Back-Up Key
- Mounting Bracket
- Wood Screws x 4
- Thumbscrews x 5
Note: The 9 Volt Battery is Not Supplied
Installation and Tips When Using The SpeedVault SV500
- Check the back-up access key works before putting anything inside the safe
- Fit the battery in the safe and check for correct operation without firearm inside
- Mount the safe by following the manufacturers instructions
- Check for correct operation
- Store the back-up key safely out of reach of children and intruders
- Store weapon safely
The SpeedVault SV500 is a simple handgun safe that can be installed and concealed in a variety of locations thanks to its novel design. The safe fulfills its purpose, which is to keep firearms safely out of reach of children or intruders but at the same time to give easy access to firearms in case of emergency.
The keypad works well, and is easy to use, even in the dark, thanks to the large buttons. The safe audible beeps can also be turned off so it can be operated quietly.
The safe is not water or fireproof but should you require these features then you would have to pay a lot more.
This is a good safe and is quite novel in its design. The shape gives this handgun safe a better range of mounting options than conventional gun safes for those who need their firearm stored safely close by.
We recommend the GunVault SpeedVault SV500