The Barska AX11652 Biometric Rifle Safe is designed to hold up to 4 rifles. The safe is fitted with the ultra-dependable Barska biometric fingerprint reader which can store up to 120 fingerprints.
What’s it Good For
This safe is ideal for storing your firearms safely out of the reach of children and teens but leaving them quickly accessible in case of an emergency. The lock opens within 4 seconds with just the touch of your finger even in the dark without keys or fumbling with number pads or combination dials.
Storage Inside The Safe
This Biometric Rifle Safe provides one of the best solutions for secure, fast firearm access in the home environment. Inside the safe is a 4 position rest to keep your rifles or shotguns upright and stored neatly. There is also a small shelf fitted inside the safe that can be used to store ammo and spare magazines.
The Body and Locking System
The safe body is made out of 2mm steel and locks via a 3-point deadlocking system. It is nicely finished off in a matte black colour coating.
Beeps When Accessed
The safe beeps when opened to let you know that the safe is being accessed but this feature can be turned off giving the safe the ability to operate in stealth mode when it can be opened silently. This allows you to get to your firearm without warning any intruders.
Mounting The Safe
The AX11652 rifle safe is supplied pre-drilled with 4 mounting holes and comes complete with a set of mounting bolts for fixing the safe securely in situ to prevent it being carried off by a thief.
4 AA Batteries are needed for the fingerprint reader to operate and these are supplied at the time of purchase. The battery life is stated to be around 1 year. If the batteries go flat then the safe can be accessed using the set or emergency back-up keys that are provided at the time of purchase. Another method of accessing the safe if the batteries fail is by using the external battery pack that comes supplied with the safe.
Barska AX11652 Biometric Safe Features
- Front-opening biometric rifle safe designed to be mounted on the wall or floor
- Safe door is secured by a 3-point deadlocking system
- The fingerprint reader can store up to 120 fingerprints
- When the door is opened the safe beeps
- Beeps on opening can be disabled by following the instructions in the manual allowing stealth mode operation
- Pre-drilled with 4 mounting holes and supplied complete with mounting bolts
- A set of 2 back-up keys are also supplied so that if the reader fails for any reason you can still access your firearms
- An emergency back-up battery pack comes with the safe
- 4 AA batteries are supplied with the safe at the time of purchase
Barska AX11652 Specifications
- Safe body: is 2mm steel finished in black
- Outside Dimensions: are 8.6″ x 9.8″ x 52.17″ (LxWxH)
- Inside Dimensions: are 6.3″ x 9.7″ x 52″
- Weight: 66 Pounds
- Locking System: 3-point Deadlock
- Fireproof: No
- Waterproof: No
- Warranty: One Year Limited Warranty
- Battery Type: 4AA
- Battery Life: 1 Year
- CA DOJ Approved
Benefits of using the Barska AX11652
- Firearms can be accessed easily even in the dark without a key
- Rifles and handguns can be safely stored away from children and intruders in this gun cabinet and yet still be accessible in an emergency
- Can be opened silently if required
- The safe is not waterproof or fireproof but if this is required you should expect to pay a lot more
What comes with the Safe?
- AX11652 Rifle Safe
- 2 Emergency back-up keys
- Set of 4 AA batteries
- External battery pack (can be used for emergency access)
- Hardware mounting fixings
- Removable four section rifle safe barrel holder
Tips for Using The Safe
- When the safe arrives be sure to check that the emergency back-up access keys work
- Find a safe place to store the emergency back-up keys outside the safe..
- Securely fix the safe in its position before storing any firearms inside
- Make sure that the fingerprint reader has been cleaned before recording any fingerprints and wipe the reader with a soft cloth before registering any additional fingerprints
- Try registering the same fingerprint from different angles to improve the accuracy of the reader if you are having problems
- Also make sure that you wipe the glass after you have used the reader to prevent any of your fingerprint residues remaining on the glass
- Do not leave the safe unattended when open as another person or child could register their fingerprint and gain access to your firearms when you are not present.
What Other Users Liked About This Safe
- Biometrics work flawlessly
- Pretty easy to set up
- Solid, well built and reliable
- Fingerprint records are stored even if the battery power dies
What Users Didn’t Like..
- It will not hold 4 long guns with pistol grips and scopes
- The safe was not long enough for some rifles
This is a good biometric rifle safe. It will keep your firearms safely out of the reach of children and intruders. It also makes it easy to access those firearms in case of emergency. The safe is sufficiently sturdy to deter a casual thief from accessing the contents, but would not survive a prolonged attack with the correct tools by a determined thief, for that you would need to spend a lot more money.
The fingerprint reader works well with a very high degree of accuracy especially if you store your prints from several different angles as has been verified by lots of satisfied purchasers.
Important Note: This safe is also not fireproof and will not prevent water getting in. Once again, if these features are required then you would have to pay a lot more money for a safe meeting these additional requirements.
What We Thought Overall
We like the Barska AX11652 Rifle Safe. It’s a good solution if you have kids, and does what it says, with a feature set offered that is good at this price point, so it gets our recommendation if you are looking for a relatively inexpensive Biometric Rifle Safe.